Low energy alien reefer
He takes a walk

Attachments

• Evil strolls.JPG
    Evil strolls.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 269
What is this new devilry?
A demon of the ancient world :D
looks like some great evil crustacean come to seek vengeance for being pulled out of the ocean, and shipped halfway across the world to your tank. No coral is safe!

Ooooh, with eyes like those, he must be evil :)

I know, not much help... try Dr. Ron's forum on RC, you've got a pretty good picture of the little guy so it should be enough for a good id.

Nuno

If you decide you don't want him, I'll gladly take him off your hands--I could use some more evil in my tank :rolleyes: Definitely try Dr. Ron on RC, though, he should be able to help. And if you do ever catch him, instead of giving him the horrible fate he deserves merely for existing with those malicious eyes, shoot me a PM.

I have a similar guy with red eyes, but mines a bit fuzzier. I was told he's a teddy bear crab. Even though he looks evil he's a very good citizen, and we love to watch him crawl around at feeding time. I actually target feed him shrimp pellets.

Sorry, dont know what kind of crab that is but I like the rock that crab is infront of in the first picture. It looks like a face. Its like you have Mount Rushmore in your tank. :eek:

cbadrik said:
I like the rock that crab is infront of in the first picture. It looks like a face. Its like you have Mount Rushmore in your tank. :eek:

Haha, Its TRUE it DOES look like a face. Actually, what happened is that the little crab felt a little artistic and made a statue of me. Just its way to venerate its food provider.

Now, this crab does some funny things, he does pull little rocks around and sort of piles them!! Maybe this is the first of a race of sentient crabs. :rolleyes:

i had one of those inmy tank and he was all sorts of problems had to break my lr he lived in to get him out he didn't make it the lfs called him gorilla crab he was not reef safe

I believe the general rule is that red eyes are bad. There are always exceptions, but I'd get rid of it.
I think I've seen that type of crab posted before and described as a scavanger/predator who'll snatch small fish at night.
Watch out for your dog.

Those are really common in fiji live rock.. I've found them to be "mostly harmless". Claws are pretty small to be a real threat to anything that's not on it's last legs.

Newfish, this is what I've always heard was a Gorilla Crab:

Attachments

• db_37_gorillacrab-patsan1.jpg
    db_37_gorillacrab-patsan1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 205
smcnally said:
Newfish, this is what I've always heard was a Gorilla Crab:

Yup, thanks Smcnally, I saw that pic too of the gorilla crab.

I think I will wait a little to see if anybody can identify it today, if not, I'll post in Dr. Ron's in RC.

Last edited:
Back