what is this?

brian91

Non-member
found this in my tank its bubbly

DSCN0471_zps0cef820d.jpg

Possibly a variety of buuble algae if vegetable, possibly Toadstool if animal!
Tough to say from the pic . Can you get a shot from a different angle?

"Stuff" growing on rock!
Give it a fancy name and frag it for $50!

Seriously though, have some in my sump and has caused no issues (no name though).

It's NOT a bubble coral!
It's a variety of bubble algae. Take the rock out of the tank and scrape it off with a knife. If you pop it, the juice inside is very slimy. Be sure to wash the rock afterward with your tank water. My yellow and sailfin tang love them and they eradicated this algae in my system.

It's NOT a bubble coral!
It's a variety of bubble algae. Take the rock out of the tank and scrape it off with a knife. If you pop it, the juice inside is very slimy. Be sure to wash the rock afterward with your tank water. My yellow and sailfin tang love them and they eradicated this algae in my system.

++++1 i had this in my tank and it took forever to get rid of. it spread like wildfire. i bought a one spot foxface and it finished it off for me but that was the only thing i could get to remove it without pulling the rock

The large turbo snails love it too! I had a ton of it and bought 2 turbos... it was gone in like 2 days. It will spread like wildfire if you dont take care of it ASAP

Back