what kind of paint?

Chris L

Nano reefing
BRS Member
ok i am finally getting the 110 ready for the switch, but i need to repaint the back. what is the best paint to use? also what do you think about a sage green color? i just painted the walls in the living room and was thinking about doing the tank in the same color to blend in. does anyone else have a different color background besides blue? if so please post a pic so i can get an idea. thanks

It really doesn't much matter unless your going to scrape the back glass all the time. After a while it will be covered in coraline.

I used latex rolled on without problems. I wouldn't use spray paint - too messy.

If you're unsure about the color, paint a piece of cardboard, and hold that behind the tank to get an idea whether it will look stupid. Then when you know what color you want you can paint the tank.

Nate

I just did my 110 in black gloss oil, came out nice. I will scrape the back weekly as I do with my 75, (I used a 3 inch roller).

Jim

i used a latex paint which worked out pretty good. i painted the back a maronish purple to match the coraline. i think it looks pretty good.

Back