What type of algae is this?

skatezen

If you pick it, Flick it!
My tank has been going for a month or so and i haven't had the chance to trim this back yet. This is about 4 weeks growth. What kind is it? It started in my sump then spread to the display, and is all over my glass and outlets, not my rock or any other rough surface. It is even growing in my skimmer. I will be pulling it out this weekend, but what to know what it is.

skatezen said:
My tank has been going for a month or so and i haven't had the chance to trim this back yet. This is about 4 weeks growth. What kind is it? It started in my sump then spread to the display, and is all over my glass and outlets, not my rock or any other rough surface. It is even growing in my skimmer. I will be pulling it out this weekend, but what to know what it is.

that is hair alage. the same stuff that infested my tank.... get it while you can.

well if its HA...and you really have nothing in the tank you can cut the lights. weed out what you can by hand and then check your water specs..

its a new tank...are phos, nitrates, nitrites all 0?

Scrape it off and have a siphon ready to suck up loose pieces. Siphon into a nylon sock set in your sump.

Back