What's up with Champion Lighting?

TomD

Non-member
I placed an order on 2/10.

2/16 and still processing and now it is the weekend?

Anybody experience anything like this with them?

I had a powerhead fail and my tank needs more flow so this is upsetting me.

Last edited:
I placed an order with them in December that must have taken near a month for them to complete. Even though most of the items were on back order (common items by the way) my account was charged within a day or so. This is not the way I have experienced them in the past, my last order with them (last week) went smooth.

Jim

PS When I placed the order with so many items on back order they never told me they were out of stock, I could have found them elsewhere.

That would be good Don, thanks. If it does not come in by this week, can you bring it to the meeting?

Ok, thanks a lot Don. I was worried due to detrius settling and SPS not getting flow in the middle of colonies.

Champion responded to my email. The Hydor was back ordered and will not ship until at least Friday.

So they sent my other items that I only purchased because I was buying the powerhead. You know, stuff you really can do without.

Than my Marine Depot order did the same thing, all out of Cyclopeeze.:rolleyes:

I hate when that happens.:eek:

Champion is usually good being in Penn they have always ben fast on the products they have in stock. However I experienced the same thing on an item they asured me they had turns out they didnt and kept me in limbo for a while until I finnaly found that it was on back order. I was heated and let them know that some items that people want is a matter of life or death is in some cases They said they were sorry and understood. Apparently that fell on def ears.

Hmmm... Wish I saw this thread 2 days ago. I ordered new MH bulbs on Saturday and got the order confirmation today. Will update when I get them or the tracking number.

You probably should not have an issue with bulbs. The new powerheads sold like hot cakes.

I just think sites should update the listings if they are out.

I have had several minor irritating experiences with Champion as well. They are not my online store of choice anymore. To be fair though, their site does show the Hydor pump availability as "Coming Soon". But whoever answers the phones has never been very helpful IME and seems to be interested purely in a sale and not customer service. [Only comment about the one store in VE forum threads please. :) Nate]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my order today on 2/27. I ordered on 2/10 with 2 day shipping. I completely understand that this item is out of stock but it did say they had it when I ordered.

FWIW, the customer service did respond by the next day with 2 emails about shipping and they were honest and kept me up to date.

Back