What's your favorite live rock?

One Eye

former vp of pr
What is your favorite type of live rock and why? I'm getting ready to stock a new tank and I'm not sure I want to go with the typical Fiji rock.

i really like a mix Pukini and Kaelini and tonga branch. i think it's more about hand pick shapes and sizes you like than where it came from.

I like the figi premium, and marks dry rock is also awesome great shapes and size's(cheap to)

I haven't seen Marc's dry rock in person, it looks nice in the pictures.
I was looking more for biodiversity, I like seeing things pop up from the rock.

dry rock its safe everthing is dead on it but your rock will sead it back to life and its cheep and your not putting other peoples problems in your tank made that mistake once still paying for it now never again.It was a colony attached to a big piece of live rock

IMO Figi for diversity, Tonga branch for aquascaping( it makes the tank look deeper) and dead rock for the bottom and the last few pieces(it is cheap enough to shape with a hammer/chisel/drill dremel)

Kaelini all the way. It's super porous, great color, and the shapes are incomparable, IMO. AA has it for as cheap as $4 per pound (by the box - a little more for other quantities).

Back