where do i look up on how to raise clown egg's

MikeyDew07

Non-member
hey guys my clown just laid a ******** loud of eggs and the parentshave already bite my dogface puffer for gettting to close where is the best place to find info on raiseing the baby clowns

Reefcentral.com has a whole forum on raising fry. Seems way to laborsome for me. Good luck! If you do share pictures!

I suggest you also consider picking up Joyce Wilkerson's book...'Clownfish'. It really takes you step by step though the process.

i dont know i weather i should take the clowns and the eggs out bc the clowns are attacking the ******** out of all my other fish even when they r not near the nest

I always have trouble getting the air flow exactly right in the hatch tank. The male does a perfect job of aerating the eggs and keeping them fungus free.

You may want to let this batch go and use it to establish exactly how many days to hatch and how many days between laying. Then you can remove the eggs the night of the hatch to the hatch tank, reducing the chances of problems with the eggs, and wake up the next morning to babies!

I agree with Greg on the Wilkerson book. It is an excellent reference and tutorial.

My clowns are sitting on a batch now if anyone is up for the task they can have them. Not sure how easy it is to move them. They lay eggs monthly it seems always in the same spot...so they are predictable.

rob

Back