where is a good place to buy acrylic

jayinh

barnstead NH
i am tossing around the thought of doing a new sump and would like it to be arounr 48" long and 12" high x 12" wide, local or online depending on cost. is there an off the shelf glass tanl that is close to that size? i have a 33 long now but with the new skimmer i just placed in it things are too tight.
skimmer009.jpg

its a super reef octopus 5000int

duuh i just realized those demensions are pretty much a 33 lng. what i need is something about 6' long and 12"x12"

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8106

I've used altec in boston, and mcmaster.com online. I have also heard good things about Jfreeman in boston, and usplastics.com online. You can also check your local yellow pages for "plastics". There is probably somewhere closer to you.

Oddly enough, for acrylic material the cost with shipping ends up being about the same as local, but either way you will probably have to order it.

As far as off the shelf glass, glass cages has a 72x18x13 tall tank for $275. If you catch them on a delivery time it could be considered off the shelf and is perfect for a sump.

couldn't you just run the skimmer externally and drill into the end of the 33 long tank and use some bulkhead fittings? or is it not possible to run that skimmer out of the sump?

i dont know if i could, what if i linked another tank via larger bulkhead and pipe?

yeah, that would work. i would just make sure to run the outlet from the skimmer back into the main part of the sump. otherwise you would probably end up with bad flow between the two

Back