Where to buy clam?

Bao

Non-member
Hello Everyone,

Where do you guys buy your clam? LFS or online?
If online, which website to order from?

Thanks,
Bao

Pacificeastaquaculture used to carry amazing clams. No, there's none! I don't know what happen to the clam industry but it's getting harder and harder to find nice clams or any clam for that matter. The stuff you see on LA Diver's Den has been mediocre at best.
I miss the old days with clamsdirect where some amazing colored teardrop clams were common. I've been looking for the past couple years and only came across a few at Jays when he gets in the Tahiti clams. Clams used to be my passion but now, I only have two in the tank.

I was at Underwaterworld last night and they had a couple nice sized ones for decent prices

Thanks everyone for replying.
I am hoping to get a singe Maxima. Never keep clam before. yeah, only see some from LiveAquaria for 80 bucks.
does anyone know what's the minimum Par for a Maxima clam? I have a spot in the middle of the tank with 250 Par, hoping to keep it at this spot.

250 par should be fine .
Try to shoot for clams at least 3 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend going out to Aqua Dreams in Feeding Hills, it is a trip from Boston, be he usually has clams and they always have good color and patterns.

Give the store a call first to see what he has, I know that he was running sale last week on blue Maximas.

^I made the drive out there last summer for a nem. Probably 2 hours each way from out here, but was well worth it.

I purchased two clams from LiveAquaria about 2 months ago, a small tridacna maxima (1.5 in) and a slight larger t derasa (2.75 in) and theyre both bomb proof and growing well. They were both form the ORA facilities i believe on sale at the time. I have not spot fed either of them.

Back