Where to buy plumbing supplies?

AngeloM

Reef Consigliere
Well I'm about to get a new tank and will have to plumb everything. But I'm NOT one of those people that can look at a hole and say "I need a 3/4" bulkhead" or "that needs a 1 1/2" fitting".

I'm the type that actually has to bring a piece into the store with me to find another piece that fits it. So ordering of the internet is out of the question.

So I'm just curious if anyone knows of some good stores that I could go to for plumbing supplies. I live in RI.

-Angelo

You can find just about anything you need at Lowe's. Home Depot also has plumbing supplies, but I think Lowe's has a better selection.

Yah I've been to my local HD and Lowes... and they dont have much of a selection. I was hoping someone knew of a place that deals just with plumbing.

I know there are plumbing supply stores near me. They aren't cheap, but they have to supply area plumbers, so they have a lot of inventory.
I bet your phonebook will list these joints. :)

Well I'm about to get a new tank and will have to plumb everything. But I'm NOT one of those people that can look at a hole and say "I need a 3/4" bulkhead" or "that needs a 1 1/2" fitting".

I'm the type that actually has to bring a piece into the store with me to find another piece that fits it. So ordering of the internet is out of the question.

So I'm just curious if anyone knows of some good stores that I could go to for plumbing supplies. I live in RI.

-Angelo

When in these situations, I have always found that the local Mom & Pop hardware stores are frequently the best answer. What's close? True Value, Ace, what's close? You can also find this in the chains if you're there asking when the person who gives a @&#^ is working.

Hello Angelo,

When I have had plumbing questions and/or in need of supplies I always go to Smithfield Plumbing in Greenville, RI. Both Rico (owner) and his brother Phil are great to deal with and will NOT steer you wrong.

Bill the OlGeezer in RI

Ditto what Moe, RedTide and OlGeezer said about using a local plumbing or hardware store. I'd go there for most everything. Sometimes those places dont have things like bulkheads and checkvalves though.

Since you're in RI for bulkheads and things that may be more reef aquarium related, as well as for a person who understands plumbing a tank . . . Id suggest Sea Creatures in North Providence.

ehhh... I've had bad experiences with Sea Creatures. I won't go into detail because I know other people like that store.

Back