where to buy ro/di water?

tjash

Non-member
I'm looking into setting up a 50-65 gal tank, but I want to figure out some logistical issues first. Anyone have good suggestions on where to get RO/DI water at a reasonable price near Medford? I figure with such a small tank, it isn't going to be worth investing in my own purifier, but I would like to have a surplus of water on hand before starting this madness...

aqua addicts. about 35 minutes from medford, if that. just up 93 north. closest place i know of. bring your own containers. great pricing also.

Aqua Addicts in Salem NH near the Rockingham Mall sells RO/DI. Check em out, great LFS. Good place to visit and chat about it all.

I thought the same at first, but when you add your time to/from the LFS, plus gas, it adds up. Your own will pay off in the long run. I have a TyphoonIII RO/DI from www.airwaterice.com It can make upwards 75gal/day, plus it has a RO only valve to use for drinking water, etc. We use the RO only for the coffee maker, ice cubes, and a container in fridge for drinking.

I would think Skipton's would be closer, but the traffic can be really jammed in that area during the week, especially around 3-5ish.

Eric

dpnshnks said:
I would think Skipton's would be closer, but the traffic can be really jammed in that area during the week, especially around 3-5ish.

Right on both counts. I'm in Somerville, but can throw a rock to Medford, and it only takes about 15 minutes or less to get to Skipton's if you can avoid rush hour. Not having an RO/DI system yourself is a nice excuse to have to go to the LFS. :D

--cn

you should definitely invest in an RO/DI unit. it's hard paying $100 or so for one of these but it'll pay itself back in less than a year. evaporation and regular water changes can use up a lot of water. plus, someone already brought up gas costs. it also becomes a hassle having to go to the LFS every week just for water when you might be really busy.

I live in Medford, and if you do not go at rush hour, I can get to Skipton's in less than 15 min.
I would definately plan on getting an RO/DI system. Well worth it!
We (Skipton's) sell RO/DI water for $.50/ gallon and we sell pre-mixed salt water (Tropic Marin @ 1.021) for $1.00/gallon.

-B-

Some of the Whole Foods Markets have RO machines. I think it's 33 cents a gallon if you bring your own container.

Steve

Back