Where to buy water?

marineang

Non-member
Getting back into the hobby, more thrilled than you can imagine. Going back to a 29 cube, buying from someone getting out of the hobby and we are picking up tomorrow. I need to go and get about 20g of mixed saltwater. I used to get it from Coral Reef Acquarium in Seekonk. Now i'm in North Attleboro and don't know if there is anything closer? Can someone remind me the approximate cost ?

Congrats. Good size tank to work with on a smaller scale. Don't know about salt water prices but you should consider an ro/di filter and mixing your own salt. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost of ro water ranges from $2-$4 per five gallons so assuming you use 2 gallons a week for top off which I do approximately and I have a 29 gallon as well plus 5 gallons a week for water changes that is somewhere around $208 per year on the low end and $415 per year on the high end purchasing water from a local supplier plus fuel and your precious time. If you buy your own filtration unit from BRS you can get it for $200 and make your own water all year. You have to change cartridges like the cotton maybe three times a year and carbon twice a year and your still saving money.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I buy mine from underwater world in the silver city galleria. I'm a bit closer than you in Taunton but I would advise getting an ro/do unit when possible, bulk reef supply has good priced on them.

If you have Costco membership, buy Costco drinking water. It is RO water with some mineral added for taste which is reef safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back