Where to get a custom-made tank?

Acrylic ou glass?
If is acrylic just buy the parts and I can build for you.

Gustavo

NeO said:
If is acrylic just buy the parts and I can build for you.

Gustavo

and does that come with a non-bow warranty?

i need an 8" wide 24"deep x 72" high Tank.

are you using weldon 16?

where do you get your "glue"?

Scott Merrill said:
and does that come with a non-bow warranty?

i need an 8" wide 24"deep x 72" high Tank.

are you using weldon 16?

where do you get your "glue"?

I'm using weldon 4 and 16, depending on the application.
I'm getting every thing from J. Freeman in Dorchester.

Scott, you should came to my place to see my tank, you don't leave that far.

Gustavo

Cindy,

I've been researching glasscages and might give them a try. What is your honest opinion of them, quality of work, delivery on time? customer service, etc. etc. Private email if you like, or spill the beans here.

I am also very interested in first hand reports on their quality.
Everything I see in a RC search seems to be qualified with a "for the price"

Glasscages opinion

This opinion must be taken with a grain of salt because I'm relatively new to the hobby and we have not compleeted the stand yet, so we have not put water in the tank.

That being said, I am really pleased with the tank. They make each tank custom, so you can get whatever you want. They also have starfire glass now too. We got a 48"x24"x24" tank to be used as a room divider. The overflow is on the 24"x24" end. The tank is very solidly built with euro-bracing (I think that's the right term. There is no center brace, but they put a 2" lip of glass around the inside top to provide the rigidity). There is also a lip of glass around the inside of the bottom. I don't know if this is standard, but it makes the tank look sturdier. They charge for each hole they drill, and will do whatever you want them to. Know what you want and where when you call because he doesn't know much about saltwater systems. Saying a flow rate will mean nothing to him. The hole drilled is bigger than the pipe that will fit into it because of the fittings, so be clear on what you're asking for.

They are a little overzellous and a bit sloppy with the silicone, but nothing that I have a problem with. The only other negative from my point of view is that the overflow is made out of glass and has no teeth on the top. I plan on making it black somehow (Or maybe just letting coraline grow over it) and adding some sort of guard so the fishies don't go down the waterslide to the sump.

They were plesant to deal with and had the tank waiting for pickup and promptly loaded it into my car for me. Since shipping a beast like this is so expensive , we thought it was easier to go to meet them at a trade show in whiteplains, NY. This is how they deliver most of their tanks. They have a list of shows on their site, and I think they are comming to Boston soon.

Contact me if anyone wants to see the tank. We're in Southern NH

Back