Where to get CO2 tanked Hydro'd

Amazon

Non-member
Any one know where to get a 10 lb tank tested? Arco isn't doing it anymore. Ours was out of spec by 7 days and they only wanted to sell us a new one...

Bring it to Airgas, they will swap a new tank for you. They don't need your tank to be hydro tested.

Yup look into air gas they have locations all over you just swap for new tanks

DONT GO TO Fire Equipment in Medford. I had one done and never asked a price. They tested it, and then filled it. I was talking and just handed the guy my CC, $98 later I was pissed when I realized it. I could have bought a new one. Arco doesn't do it anymore? I was just there about a month ago. They didn't do it there, but if you didn't need it right away they take them and then they wait and send them all out. They wait til they get a truck load, and send them out, unless things have changed. I have had them fill one a year past the date. I just tell them its for my tank and didn't seem to care.

DONT GO TO Fire Equipment in Medford. I had one done and never asked a price. They tested it, and then filled it. I was talking and just handed the guy my CC, $98 later I was pissed when I realized it. I could have bought a new one. Arco doesn't do it anymore? I was just there about a month ago. They didn't do it there, but if you didn't need it right away they take them and then they wait and send them all out. They wait til they get a truck load, and send them out, unless things have changed. I have had them fill one a year past the date. I just tell them its for my tank and didn't seem to care.

personally i'd use "98$ service" place before I'll go to place that fills a tank past its hydro date.
I've sen what a safety valve blow does to a car (some poor guy left his spare scuba tank baking in the sun on the car seat while he went diving) and would not want that to happen to anybody; now imagine that the tank has an actual catastrophic failure while you are around. Hydro testing is done for a good reason, especially on aluminum tanks.

personally i'd use "98$ service" place before I'll go to place that fills a tank past its hydro date.
I've sen what a safety valve blow does to a car (some poor guy left his spare scuba tank baking in the sun on the car seat while he went diving) and would not want that to happen to anybody; now imagine that the tank has an actual catastrophic failure while you are around. Hydro testing is done for a good reason, especially on aluminum tanks.

you miss the point, if you don't have time to wait arco would swap it out with good certified tank, and if you wanted your own tank they would send it out, but after they got enough of them. I realize safety comes first, but I find it hard to believe a tank sitting my basement a year past its inspection is going to be dangerous. I will take my chances. My main point is that I think $100 is to much when you can get a new one for $40-50 on amazon

Back