Where to get interceptor?

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
NO I do not have red mites but now that I have the frag system up and running I was thinking about keeping it red mite free and treating everything before I put it in the tank.
Does anyone know of a place I can get it without major problems?
I am crazy for wanting to treat everything before putting it in my tank?

thanks
Ray

I think it is a prudent move Ray. If you are going to be selling/trading a lot then it would be your responsibility to keep your system clean.

Steve Tyree has a complete prop system set up to handle all incoming corals before they go in his prop system. He treats everything and only after a full treatment do they go into his system.

I can get a limited amount. If you want some let me know.

Ray, that is definitely a good idea and will ensure that any new acquisitions are
free of the mites when you're ready to introduce them to your main display. The
interceptor isn't cheap, and may not be economical to use this way.

You can get the Interceptor online from canadapharmacy.com or by simply calling
a vet (a prescription is required to order it in the US). I was able to get some from
Marco67, who in turn got it from his vet. I also spoke with my dogs vet and after
explaining how I was using it, he agreed that if I needed it in the future, he would
provide a prescription for me.

Ray, I have a crushed tablet you can have. Depending on your tank size it should do many treatments. Let me know if you need it.
Laura

I had no problem getting it from a vet. Just go there and bring some info on dosing that looks profesional from the web, and they will sell it to you. The stuff is cheep (like $5) in the amounts we need, and they usually have samples.

I work at a vets. I explained it to the doctor in case anyone came in asking for it. He thought it was very interesting. So i can always get you some. But if some hospitals have samples that would probably be the cheapest way.

Back