Where to get unfinished doors cheap?

MikeG

Non-member
Any one know anywhere besides http://www.cabinetdoorsandhardware.com/? They are sold out of the size I want and are not restocking them. I was looking for three 21x25" raised panel doors. They were selling for about $18ea. in oak. Looking at cabinet doors, they want like $50-90ea. unfinished.

Last edited:
You could try a local hobbyist or professionall wood-worker. Anyone who bought a $100 set of cabinet door router cutters can make a door of the same quality as that website. (ie, not ultimately top-shelf, but thoroughly adequate).

Nate

Depending on the style\size you may be able to get them at HD in the build your own cabinet section they are solid wood only thing is they already have a holes for hinges and finishes on them. The section is usually behind the real cabinet show room. And as nate said there must be someone local who would cut the doors for you.

I broke down and bought a router and router table this weekend so I was able to build my own. Much easier than I though it would be, just need the right tools.

Dennis, that is were I tried ordering them from and after placing my order I got a call stating that they no longer carry those doors.

MikeG said:
I broke down and bought a router and router table this weekend so I was able to build my own. Much easier than I though it would be, just need the right tools.

Dennis, that is were I tried ordering them from and after placing my order I got a call stating that they no longer carry those doors.
You can not beat an excuse to buy some new tools;)

Back