Which return pump?

reefstarter

Non-member
So I’m trying to decide which one to get . For my new 180 My choices are as follows:
Jebao
Octo 6
Sicce 7 SDC
Red Dragon speedy 3
What would you choose ? Have you had any of these? Problems?

I'm running all my tanks with Jebao return pumps
for the last 3 years , they are pretty silent and built well

I’ve got a Jebao on my 60 cube and soon to have one on my 40 breeder. They are cheaper and you still get some cool features. I have their gyre on the 40 breeder too which is awesome as well.

I've run jebao dcp8k on a 175 water volume, just recently upgraded to dcp15k but also have tunze 6095 x 4 in the display.

What type of overflows are you using? Durso, Herbie, or bean animal? What size bulkheads are the drains?

I’ve been running an RD3 for 5 years, and it’s been rock solid in performance. For my application (sump 1 floor down), the efficiency of the pump has already paid the difference in operating costs (vs a similarly powered external pump). If it’s in your budget, and the power demands make sense, the extra upfront cost of going with a high quality pump make a lot of sense.

I've run jebao dcp8k on a 175 water volume, just recently upgraded to dcp15k but also have tunze 6095 x 4 in the display.

What type of overflows are you using? Durso, Herbie, or bean animal? What size bulkheads are the drains?
Drains are going to be 1-1/2 x2 but they go through 1 inch choke point Maggie muffler on top . I’m planning about 800 gph maybe a bit less .

When did you buy the Tunze? I’ve heard the quality has gone downhill. What say you?

I'll throw a vote in for Sicce. I have 3 of them and love all of them. And talk about quiet! I took the rubber feet off one of them and set it right against the bottom of the sump and a baffle. Still, no vibration, no noise

I have an octo 6 and it is great. Dead silent, controllable, float switch backup. I love it

Back