White dot

vng

Non-member
I just noticed one of my fish has a white dot on his back. The other damsel does not have it. Is this normal or something I should concern? See Pic . (the top blue damsel.)

I I also found my orange spot goby on the floor

Thanks
Van

Attachments

• Img_0448.jpg
    Img_0448.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 204
suicide!

VNG-I cant see anything from that pic. check out wetwebmedia.com and try and play doctor. See if you can diagnose the fish with given symptoms. If not get a close up pic of the fish and repost. Good luck-

Too bad about your orange spot. I don't think of them as jumpers. Maybe he was being chased by those pesky damsels.

Just keep an eye on all the fish. If they start to develop more white spots (about the size of a ballpoint pen tip) then you might want to consider treating the tank with Kick Ick. Do you have any cleaner shrimp in the tank? Those can help the tank to treat itself and allow the fish to recover on their own. Another good tactic is to start adding a little garlic juice or extract to their food. That is thought to boost the fishes immune system.

Good luck, Nate

if it does become ich, i have a new bottle of ich treatment stuff (almost exactly like kick ick). hopefully it isn't ich because it can be a pain. good luck.

Thanks. I don?t have any cleaner shrimp. I did soap the brine shrimp with fresh chop garlic and feed them today and keep my finger cross. I sure will keep an eye on them. Here is the close up pic. (u can see the white dot on his back)

Attachments

• Image002.JPG
    Image002.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 168
That fish just looks mean, I hate damsels. They are nice and colorful fish
Nice tank also :)

I had some spots on one of my damsels a few months ago - it didn't look like a typical ick spot - it was bigger and not as white. It went away on its own. I think sometimes they "fly" around the tank so fast chasing each other that they bump up against the rocks and get cuts.

Some fish also can get "stung" by some soft corals and LPS. I've seen my clowns get black spots from the zenia before.

Bottom line is just keep an eye on them. It might be nothing.

Back