Who said tank bread false perculas don't host??

smcnally

Tankless
I have read this so many times over at RC. Well, get a load of this. I put 2 BTA's in my tank, and after 2 days each of my clowns have decided to host each BTA. Here's a shot of my larger clown in it's new home. It only could have been a happier day if they hosted the same BTA as a couple!
DSC00329.jpg

Ya I have a couple tank raised that host between a rose and a green, back and forth all day

Greg Hiller said:
And it's not even the anemone they would host in in the wild!!
I heard that BTA were the easiest for getting a TB False Perc to host. But I got really discouraged after all the negative people saying it wouldn't happen over at RC. Actually I think I'll post this over there now!

It's 50/50. They'll all host if you give them the right choice... but half of them will host in a BTA and half won't. Wild ocellaris are picky too.

Jeremy, do you think this is weird? My 2 perculas have hung out since the second day they wer together. Always by each other. The larger one now won't let the smaller one in the BTA. I though maybe they paired up, but this would mean they haven't, right?

My tank raised false percs also host in my GBTA. The male also hosts in a huge hairy mushroom and, believe it or not, the crown/top of my candy cane coral. Go figure....

Back