Who's got a bad boy fish like mine?

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Yeah, I know, not really reef safe. I picked this fish up at a local shop. Couldn't resist. He's in my 44 pent tank at work, been there for maybe 3 months now. He's actually been a pretty good reef inhabitant except that he does the standard trigger thing of blowing the sand around on the bottom of the tank. I put some large rock and gravel in and now at least he doesn't bury the Fungias in the tank. The other problem is that he knocks all the snails off the glass of the tank and tries (unsuccessfully) to eat them. I plan to get some honkin' big snails at the November meeting from Jeremy though. Hopefully then I won't have to clean the glass as often as I have had to since adding the fish. I know there will come a time (maybe in only a year or so) when he's too big for the 44, and starts to be mean to the other fish, but thus far he's been playing 'nice' with the other fish.

Somebody help me out with the species or common name on this guy?...I knew, but forgot!

trigger%20closeup.jpg

trigger%202.jpg

trigger%201.jpg

baby yellow spotted trigger probably
Pseudobalistes fuscus

EDIT: I guess that is another common name for the blueline.

definitely a blue line, and reputedly one of the meanest triggers available. amazing coloration though!

Back