WOW is all i have to say about T.I. tonight

02f350psd

Non-member
Was in T.I. with my girlfriend tonight, had a good selection of livestock. Well thats where the good ends. We have about a 40 min ride to T.I. and have been good customers. At 2 mins after 9 counter woman comes back and tells us to hurry up, its after 9 and she wants to go home. At 9:05 she comes back again (with her hands on her hips) and says again "It's after 9:00 and I want to go home." Well we pick out our few things and at the register i ask for my BRS discount and she says "Not after 9:00 you don't get your discount, I want to go home." Will not be returning to T.I. again.

Post removed. Not first hand experience. Please see forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately my hands are tied when it comes to the register help. Come see me and I'll make good on the discount. I can only appologize. Now you know what I have to deal with day after day !! Again I'm sorry !

Dan

Thats too bad. I dont want to bash TI but I think with such a great store and selection you guys should give a closer look to the costomer service. Ive only been once and wasnt too impressed but after all the neg posts I think its only best for your store. Just my 2 cents.

I want to add that Dan has always been GREAT to us, and he is the reason we go to T.I. Thanks again for everything Dan!

Post removed. Not first hand experience. See forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a customer at TI and I am usually extremely pleased with the service and diversity of live and dry products.

Many years ago, I went out of my way to strike-up conversations with the ladies behind the register and now they always greet me with a smile. These ladies are the go to people when I need a part or special item. This is a very busy store with at least double to triple the customer flow of other LFS and customer service can be less than satisfactory at peak moments.

No excuse for the exchange that happened the other night but IMO the good at TI far outways the lax in customer service. In addition, they support the club and many of their for sale frags come from BRS membership.

my last trip there was extremely pleasant, and I walked out of there with the bulkheads and strainers I needed for less than I could have gotten them online (when you add in shipping, etc.) I'll be back.......

With them it seems hit and miss, some days I go in and it sucks, all fish have ich, rude counter lady, no help available.
Other times they are truely a good help, sparkling clear tanks and getting asked if I needed help every 5 minutes.
I just go there because it's closest to me :rolleyes:

I refuse to go to TI after how I have been treated on several visits. I have met Lou and Ellis and they both were very helpful but some employees in particular are ALWAYS unpleasant to deal with (e.g. dude with the nose ring) and acts like he is doing you a favor by answering your questions and bagging your stuff for you. For a while I thought it was because I was new but after dropping at least 2K there over several visits he was still rude. Its a shame because their selection is great and I didn't even mind paying more for the items there because I always knew they would have what I was looking for. But hey, I work too hard for my money to have any of it go to support the salary of people who aren't nice to me. Luckily, I found an awesome LFS about 15 minutes from home so now I go there. If they don't have what I am looking for they are always willing to place an order for me. And they are wicked nice. :)

Yep, dude with nose ring. He seemed to be better the last time I was there though, But I just don't really like nose rings, so I might just be a little racist.:eek:

In TIs defense...

The store does close at 9.. granted maybe a little leway should have been granted... but i know from working retail that when closing time came, it was time to close.

TI is a store that i visit on a regular basis. Dan, JD (Nose Ring guy), and Leo are always more than helpful. Never had any problem with any live stock that I've gotten there, and if there is a problem, they usually help me on my next visit.

FWIW... but i know that people will still bash TI all the time... but theyve been there for about 30 years... so they must be doing someting right...:rolleyes:

I love TI it is the only LFS I go to that I have walked out of with out buying something. I was there yesterday afternoon and saw some of the most beautiful Green cyano I have ever seen, almost bought some.

I must say however that the person behind the cash register has always been pleasant even when I am just looking.

I've never had what, I would call bad service. Sometimes they are busy and it takes awhile to get something, but they are helpful. Like any LFS their prices on some of the dry goods are kind of high, so I just don't get some stuff there.
I've have very good luck with all the fish I've bought from TI. By the time you pay for shipping online their price is about the same as ordering online.
I'm also willing to pay little more to be able to see what I'm buying. I realize it cost more for a brick and mortar LFS. I can't even imagine what their electric bill is. I don't mind paying a reasonable markup.
We always had a freshwater tank when I was growing up. I've been going to TI since I was a kid and that was a long time ago!!!:D

Well, I don't usually like to add comment on the thread but i have to agree on this one. The register lady especially on Sat, unbelievable rude and unfriendly. I wonder what kind of service industry would hire someone with that kind of attitude. I have been there many times due to TI is the closest LFS from my house even though I hate to see some unfriendly faces as like you owe them something for the visit, I have problem with her couple times for the BRS discount especially when you have store credit. I have to walk out without discount for the whole item ($69) instead of a discount should be given on the balance after minus the store credit. After all, store credit should consider an equal value as cash. Few dollars of saving isn't a big deal, its just that attitude of her that matter and need to be fixed if TI care of customer service.

I think i have one of the only good tales of her, about a year ago i stoped in and asked for a price for a hood. The hood was for a 70 1/2 cylinder tank (now kiahs seahorse tank) she looked in a book and was then rushed by people. she asked me to leave my number and she would get back to me. I figured it was a blow off. On my way home she called with not only a price of the item, but was nice too! I have stoped in twice in the past week(buying something at jordans) Just to look, i do kinda feel bad for them. I have never worked in retail. I could never deal with the people! If a store closes at 9, i dont think i would show up at 8:59 and expect good treatment!

Max, I worked in retail for a while. You're open until your last customer leaves, whether or not you want to go home.

The back half of TI is great, and i've had nothing but good dealings with them. THe front half just makes me want to bang my head on something.

Again I can only apologize for the rushed and less than friendly attitudes especially of late. We are 3 full time fishroom people short and Mr. London had major surgery 3 weeks ago and tried to be up & about to soon only to be rushed back for more surgery a week later. No excuse for front end people being nasty I know, but we have been under a LOT of pressure the past month or so. I know I'm about fried !!!!:eek:

Back