WTB WTB AIO tank ~20 gallons

ileas

Non-member
Looking to buy an AIO tank around 20 gallons. Can be IM Nuvo Waterbox or whatever you guys have

13.5 fluval evo running with live rock couple men’s with fish and some corals ? You will need light

I have a 10 gallon Fiji Cube AIO kit that's brand new if you're interested you could buy a big box store tank and use it to make an AIO tank. I bought it for $70 brand new would let it go for $50 as I'm keeping the magnets that it come swith...

I have a 10 gallon Fiji Cube AIO kit that's brand new if you're interested you could buy a big box store tank and use it to make an AIO tank. I bought it for $70 brand new would let it go for $50 as I'm keeping the magnets that it come swith...

Think its still too small. My issue is I'm going to college in less than a year and still want to bring some of my prized pieces with me. Ideally a nuvo 20 or something like that would work

Many colleges have a restriction on gallons allowed in a dormitory (umass as an example allows 10). Additionally moving a 20 gallon tank at least once a year in the fall and spring is a tough thing to do especially when you have to move all your other belongings.

Many colleges have a restriction on gallons allowed in a dormitory (umass as an example allows 10). Additionally moving a 20 gallon tank at least once a year in the fall and spring is a tough thing to do especially when you have to move all your other belongings.
This is true

so probably go for a something closer to 10 gallons huh

so probably go for a something closer to 10 gallons huh

I would defiantly consider a 10 gallon, anything smaller like a spec v is way to hard to control parameter wise and anything larger you’re running into space issues and size limitations. Depending on where you go and live some places don’t even have elevators and walking up a couple flights of stairs with a tank and a couple of buckets of water can also be challenging. Another thing to consider is winter breaks as most students also move in and out during that time for a month which is a pain if you bring a reef tank to school as well. Then there are also smaller week long breaks... for a smaller reef tank being away for a week in my opinion has been really risky.

Go to college, do well In classes and spend the rest of the time working and hangout with your friends. Leave the reef behind. You can buy anyone of those prized corals again at anytime. Moving the reef tank is difficult even at 10 or 20 gallons. Who will take care of it during holidays and breaks? There are so many fun things to do in college, why worry about the reef tank. Come back when you are out of college.

Go to college, do well In classes and spend the rest of the time working and hangout with your friends. Leave the reef behind. You can buy anyone of those prized corals again at anytime. Moving the reef tank is difficult even at 10 or 20 gallons. Who will take care of it during holidays and breaks? There are so many fun things to do in college, why worry about the reef tank. Come back when you are out of college.
It’s just attachment to a few certain fish

Do it!!!! Some effort for all those late nights studying looking at your tank!!
Just dont have any parties in your room like seriously or have a locked lid on that thing.

Don't make it over complicated use seeded live rock for instant cycle, make sure to have an a.t.o and go with easy corals I think you and your peers will have a blast with it.

Back