Wtb sump

Thegreatalways

BRS Member
Hello good morning I’m looking to buy a sump has to be 18 inches wide something that can handle a 125 long system I currently have a 20 gallon sump but that is pushing the limits thanks

Petco has 29 gallon tank for $29 on sale now. I buy 100% silicone (no kitchen, bath, outdoor, extra strong) just straight silicone and 4 pieces of glass (as thick as tank glass or thicker) that are 1/16" skinnier than the width and 3 inches shorter than height. Divide tank width into 3 sections... they don't have to be even. First section is for filter floss in mesh bags, second is equipment, third is pump. Adjust width as you see fit. Then take a chunk of 2x4 set on bottom where you want first divider and set glass on top and silicone it in. Second piece goes far enough over so you can get sand siphon into gap with some wiggle room. And put that one all the way to the bottom. Silicone all sides touching tank. Repeat on other divider, high, then low. If you want more gallons, get second 29 and drill both on back (I like 1.5 inch so no restrictions on water or something getting caught) and connect them with bulkheads and pvc. You could use your 20 but you need to build a box under it so tops of tanks are about even.

I can find you tube video on how to make if interested. Also can tell you how to drill tank safely if your comfortable doing it but most glass places will do it

That’s what I currently have and it’s not big enough and unfortunately my stand is only 17.5 inches wide so a 18 inch wide tank does not fit so I have to get some thing made probably or find a long one

I have this one 39x16 and the basesea sump also.
20201204_132819.jpg

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back