Xenia Trimming Question

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
Can you cut Xenia while it is still in the tank? I have a rock that would be hard to get out.... but I don't want to nuke the tank either...

Michael

I cut xenia in tank all the time and have a a good selection of SPS and never had any problems.When you do your cutting make sure you kill all flow before hand.

If any gunk gets on something you might have concern about, hit it with a turkey baster to clear it of any debris.

Hey Pete, Jay showed me your cut so i would be careful around around sharp objects if I were you.jk

I think I'm going to try to break the rock..... I really don't want it in my tank... it's beautiful but spreads to fast.... this isn't the regular xenia... it's the white pom pom xenia...

I think I'm going to try to break the rock..... I really don't want it in my tank... it's beautiful but spreads to fast.... this isn't the regular xenia... it's the white pom pom xenia...

Xenia spreads fast period. When I set up my new tank I think I'm going to either keep it in the refugium or set up a softie only tank.

Back