Xmas came early

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
Here’s my new light :cool:
07ABEB0F-CEA1-488D-8F86-785544703BA8.jpeg
1C80802A-5DF5-4ADC-943E-692EEFEF19FC.jpeg
D1EA2887-E715-4D97-ADED-A1456C9FCD13.jpeg

From what I dug up on the internet these are pretty close to the radiums if they’re not overdriven. Since I’m not going with a hqi ballast , $55 bucks is easier on the wallet :)

I was very disappointed with Hamilton 20k when I tried them.

IME radium 20k, Pheonix 14k, or ushio 10k are the go to lamps. All others I have tried have been disappointing. Hamilton 20k has a nice color, but output is pretty weak IIRC.

Here’s one of the graphs comparing the two on electronic ballast. Yes I know the radium is underdriven like this.
1A698ED3-AEA9-4EC2-8F9E-B1CB6B0C9EE0.png

Also according to tullio, the reefbrite setup is 25% more efficient than normal mh setups and produce the same energy as a equivalent wattage t5 or led. They say they runcool to the touch. Will see hopefully this weekend if any of it is true lol

Also according to tullio, the reefbrite setup is 25% more efficient than normal mh setups and produce the same energy as a equivalent wattage t5 or led. They say they runcool to the touch. Will see hopefully this weekend if any of it is true lol

I’ve got an infrared temp gun, I’ll post the temp of my fixtures after they’ve been on for an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very disappointed with Hamilton 20k when I tried them.

IME radium 20k, Pheonix 14k, or ushio 10k are the go to lamps. All others I have tried have been disappointing. Hamilton 20k has a nice color, but output is pretty weak IIRC.

Ushio 10k fairly yellow with a standard electronic ballast?

Sorry this is total BS. He is a very good salesman.

Sorry this is total BS. He is a very good salesman.

I believe it is as well. Everyone selling something is always looking for a edge on the competition lol

Indeed, but it is as good as other metal halide on the market in terms of performance. It is entirely made out of off the shelf components.

In terms of bulb, the Hamilton 20K is not the same bulb as Radium 20K. But I guess their performance should be similar.

The side of the fixture in the the middle close to the top reads about 130 degrees and the ballast is about 108 degrees. This reading was taken after 6 hours of being on.

Back