Yellow Watchman Goby Disease/Infection

jrushlow

Non-member
I'm looking for some help identifying what I suspect is an infection or disease.
This morning I got up and my goby was hanging out in the corner with my clowns which isn't odd... I've seen them do it for the past year or so. What I did notice though was that the goby's tail was missing and his lower body was turning white. As you can see in the picture (sorry for the poor quality), it appears that whatever the problem is seems to be working its way up the body. I suspect he will be in fish heaven soon, but I'm looking for some help on what may have caused it. I don't know when it started because he is almost always just sticking his head out from under some rocks and the lower body is shadowed.

I don't have exact water parameters at work right now, but everything is pretty much in line except for a slightly high phosphate level. The tank has been up for about 1.5 years (switched tanks 6mo ago but used the same water).

I would like to know if this is potentially dangerous to the other fish and whether I should remove him from the tank or wait and see how it goes.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Joe

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 168
I've got a cleaner shrimp, firefish, 2 clowns, scooter dragonette, black cap basslet, and a McCoskers wrasse. I've seen the goby nip at the firefish but not the other way around.

Joe

Back