yep another MH light quesiton

Bo_

Non-member
I am stuck between Radium 20k or Phoenix 14k, my fixture is a 150w coralife HQI(the one that clamps on the back of the tank) unit and it needs a new bulb its over a 58g tank. How useful will the light be with a 20k bulb vs the 14k which I've read the corals can use more of the spectrum. I have no actinic supplementation and no real intend to build a hood for the tank. It will be filled with mostly beginner corals for now nothing hard although i do like alot of LPS

thanks for the help

20k bulbs tend to put out bluer light which carrys more power for photosynthesis is the idea

I like my light alittle more on the bluer side. I have had Coralife, Current, Ushio, and now Phoenix. I can say the Phoenix bulbs are by far the most blue of them all, I love them. If I were to get anything else I might try the Phoenix 10K, just because with my PC they are alittle to blue. My brother got the Phoenix 250w, and the are not as blue as mine, but I still think you will be OK with them. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

GoodLuck Derek

Both are great bulbs. The Pheonix is a little blue for a 14K, and the Radium is a little white for a 20K, which puts them both in the "sweet spot" for the color I personally like. That said, I'd probably go with the Pheonix. I like the color a bit better, and you're going to get a higher PAR with the Pheonix which will allow for better growth out of any hard corals you may decide to keep. Good luck!

i run a 400 watt 14000k radium over a 58gallon and man do i love it i even got rid of all my t5s

thanks for the advice guys! i think im gonna go with Pheonix 14k for the increased PAR and its cheaper

sheesh picking bulbs is harder than picking women

Back