Zebra eel

hanse_2020

Non-member
Hey hope everyone is going great I got a question I got zebra eel and I had try everything possible to making his or she to eat any suggestions

Attachments

• 20211104_175416.jpg
    20211104_175416.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 215
Definitely try clams then. 8 days is not long for an eel to refuse food. I have a snowflake for 3-4 years and he's twice refused food for over a month and then started eating normally again. No idea why. I'd dangle a clam with prongs in front of a hole in rockwork where he tends to come out and see if he goes for it.

Definitely try clams then. 8 days is not long for an eel to refuse food. I have a snowflake for 3-4 years and he's twice refused food for over a month and then started eating normally again. No idea why. I'd dangle a clam with prongs in front of a hole in rockwork where he tends to come out and see if he goes for it.
Ok I definitely will

Ah so he was refusing food before he came to you.

You may also try some scallops or squid. I've heard of molar toothed morays going nuts for those two foods in particular.

In the wild, moray eels are MUCH more active at dusk. If you have the ability to ramp down your lights, I'd suggest that you wait until the end of the day, ramp your light down substantially, and try to feed that way. Maybe put food in the tank and leave the room, and then check back a few hours after lights out to remove uneaten food.

I had eels for many years.
Go get a few feeders( gold fish) i might like live food.
Good luck

Live aquaria sells them, or if you're willing to drive to the coast, you can catch them at low tide in the tide pools.

I feed chuncks of shrimp with tongs. They can't see well so always feed same spot. Once he come out and up put it right next to him. He'll grab it. Small chuncks.

Back