Event Boston Reefers Presents: FragsGiving 2022

Added to Calendar: 11-12-22

Last edited:
I appreciate that. Any agenda set? Would be nice to know if I will get to see any talks, etc
Really quick. Doors open at 11. 1st speaker at 1 - 2pm. BRS business including scholarship announcement with special Guest speaker Marc Tetrault for Marco Rocks and Andrew Sandler 2-3Pm. 2nd speaker 3-4pm. 4-5 raffle. I'll post something formal soon along with a food truck announcement.

Last edited:

Hello, trying to get a little prepared for this as it will be my first one. I did have a couple small questions on the buying of corals. how do people normally hold the corals for the day if they plan to stay for the duration of the event. Is purchasing of the coral mainly in cash or are cards taken? thank you for any help.

Hello, trying to get a little prepared for this as it will be my first one. I did have a couple small questions on the buying of corals. how do people normally hold the corals for the day if they plan to stay for the duration of the event. Is purchasing of the coral mainly in cash or are cards taken? thank you for any help.
I can't speak for the vendors, but the majority usually accept cards beside cash. Bring a cooler of some sort and you should be good as they'll be bagged up after purchase.

Great questions. I would get a small portable cooler (styrofoam works). Handwarmer/footwarmer heat packs are great in the event that it's cold. Beyond cash, most vendors have the ability to process Credit Card, Venmo and PayPal. @Sponsor

Attachments

• 16673948031982221481802132093616.jpg
    16673948031982221481802132093616.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 67
Really quick. Doors open at 11. 1st speaker at 1 - 2pm. BRS business including scholarship announcement with special Guest speaker Marc Tetrault for Marco Rocks and Andrew Sandler 2-3Pm. 2nd speaker 3-4pm. 4-5 raffle. I'll post something formal soon along with a food truck announcement.
Think your event poster is wrong . Says the event is 11-4.

Think your event poster is wrong . Says the event is 11-4.
Thanks for the catch. The event will be from 11-5, we originally planned for 11-4 but as things developed we figured giving everyone that extra hour and sweeten the deal by a bit. When we get a chance we’ll correct the poster times to provide some clarity. Starting time has and will not change from 11am.

Is it too late to get in on the raffle?
There will be a raffle at the show. The door prize for pre-registration is closed. Admission for non-members is $10.00. $5.00 for members.

Joe

Is it too late to get in on the raffle?
As @scavdog and @Cpage101 have stated above, the early bird door prize raffle ended on October 31st at 11:59PM. You can still pre purchase tickets to help streamline the entry process. This is the event not to be missed, as it's our 20th year. Quite a few raffle prizes that I hope to win and lots of dry goods and livestock. Paid members admission costs $5 and everyone else is $10. Hope to see you there.

First timer at a reef keeping event and I'm super stoked!

If I want to buy frags, whats the best way for me to transport them? Will the vendors bag them like at my LFS? Do I need to consider bringing a special container? Insulated backpack?

Thx!

Back