93G Perfecto Build!

Miller

Non-member
The new setup can finally begin. I picked up this little tank last night!

IMG_8393-1.jpg

I hope to start on the stand next week. I'm going to build the stand out of 2x4's so it won't be very pretty for awhile. Once my friend that is a master cabinet maker has the time I am going to pay him to make a BEAUTIFUL skin for the stand, I would just have him make the stand but it might be awhile before he is caught up on current jobs.

The tank isn't rimless like we wanted, but since we are going to use a hood rimless is just a silly waste of money. If all goes well this little baby will be sitting in the living room where the wee little 20 high is right now:D.

I like this tank, I am thinking about down sizing into this particular one also. Did it take long for ordering?

I got the 45 24x24x18. There's a build thread here in DIY. I'm not a cabinet maker and I skinned my own stand. Check it out. If you need stand building plans shot me a PM.

i would like to see updates as well. i am planning the same tank in the near future.

Sadly there is nothing new:(. Paid some bills and rent is coming up in a few days, I am hoping to start the stand next week...

YUK,YUK,YUK!:p

On to the topic: I can see why people likes cubes they are sweet.Looking forward to the stand.

Cross your fingers for next week. Jen wants some fall flowers to plant so the stand will have to come after those have been bought.

2x4's doubled or single 2x6" around the top for the stand. I'm going to go with 2x4's for the legs with two in each corner(not double but at a 90 degree to support both sides). Bottom should be fine with a single 2x4 right? Let me know how that shoulds. Then later it will get skinned.

I cant wait to get this thing going it looks sooooo sweet sitting in the floor crying to get fishy.

Back