93G Perfecto Build!

2x4s are fine, and a single on the bottom should be fine as well. if you are looking for blueprints, there are plenty on this site as well as via google.

I really would love to hear that story sometime. ;)

Sorry I have not posted anything before now. Love the new tank Barry & Jenn.
Looking forward to the full on build.
How is the new abode treating you?

I am going to be posting my own build thread shortly. I am going to be resurrecting the 72 Bow.

I really would love to hear that story sometime. ;).
That is a 6-pack-Case story...
Sorry I have not posted anything before now. Love the new tank Barry & Jenn.
Looking forward to the full on build..
Me too, I can't wait to get this baby going!
How is the new abode treating you?.
Pretty nice! I have a fish room now downstairs!!!!
I am going to be posting my own build thread shortly. I am going to be resurrecting the 72 Bow.
Wooohooo:D

Picked up some lumber today....
P1030377.jpg

After a little cutting....
P1030390.jpg

We decided to build the stand a little on the tall side. This way when you walk by or are standing while viewing the tank is at a nice height. For seated viewing we are going to buy 3-4 taller chairs to surround the tank.

Poor Jen will have to grow longer legs and arms to get in the tank:eek:. The ever tall Barry can still touch the bottom of the tank:p.

Excellent...

The building has begun.
Nice idea keeping it high up, but you know Barry. You are making it so you will always have to do the maintenance. Jenn has a good excuse now!

looks good guys... missed you on thursday nights... been working hard to pay the damn bills.... but i did see the tank when it came in.... looks nice... i like it alot!!!

Barry & Jen,
That is a gorgeous tank! I am going to pick up another in the next few months and I am almost 100% that is the size I will go for. Keep the pictures coming. I hope to make it up to Johns and shoot the breeze with all you guys soon. I miss Thursdays but unfortunately other commitments have had to come first. NICE JOB! :D

Excellent...

The building has begun.
Nice idea keeping it high up, but you know Barry. You are making it so you will always have to do the maintenance. Jenn has a good excuse now!
Image that...Barry doing all the maintenance:cool:
looks good guys... missed you on thursday nights... been working hard to pay the damn bills.... but i did see the tank when it came in.... looks nice... i like it alot!!!
We missed last Thursday also...
Barry & Jen,
That is a gorgeous tank! I am going to pick up another in the next few months and I am almost 100% that is the size I will go for. Keep the pictures coming. I hope to make it up to Johns and shoot the breeze with all you guys soon. I miss Thursdays but unfortunately other commitments have had to come first. NICE JOB! :D
It is an AWESOME size, I can't wait to finish setting it up. I want to get it skinned by the same wood worker that did yours. See you around.

If I am lucky November 1st there could be photos of this tank filled with sand, rock, corals, fish and of course water.

I should be picking up sand today and the Lumen bright has been ordered! Once the Lumen bright comes in a just need a day to make the transfer. Seems like the Sunday after this one will be the first chance I will have.

Stay tuned......if you have seen our setups before you won't be to surprised with what Jen and I have done to the stand to make it a bit more interesting till we can get our friend to skin it:D.

Awesome tank!!!I just picked up
a 70 gallon cube ,can't wait to set it
up.I like the tank high like that ,it looks
great.

WOOOO WHOOOOO about 48 hours till the 93 will be fishy filled.

Gathered up and organized stuff that we will need.....
IMG_8401.jpg

This....
Note: The blue tape on the floor marks off the foot print of the new tank and where it is going:D
IMG_8398.jpg

Will be replaced by this...
IMG_8403.jpg

Hopefully the nylon threaded rod, nuts, and washers come today or tomorrow. If not there isn't going to be any rock in the tank {sad face} till they get here. It's going to look silly with a frag rack in there.

lol is the skin of the stand going to be purple and teal too?

Tanks looks great.. keep up the good work. I'm not sure if you can handle a tank over 20 gallons ;).

barry let me know what time this is happinng so i can get all the broken corals . did u do a leek test give me a buzz sunday

Back