another rookie question

Danno

Non-member
Hey all,
I've had my 90G tank up and running for about 4 months now. I started with a pair of clowns and added a pair of firefish(?) a month later. I know that I should add fish slowly and I use Google calendar to make sure that at least a month will pass before I add anymore fish. I faithfully test my water and everything is just peachy.
My question is, when adding corals, how much of a bio load do they add, if any? I only have frogspawn at this time and I'd like to know what I should keep my eye on when it comes to alk, calcium, etc? Is there a rule of thumb when it comes to adding corals?

Thanks!

Dan

Corals won't add to your bioload. You want to keep any eye on what corals you put near other corals as far as chemical warfare goes (stings). What lighting do you have?

Also I'd start out with some of the easier corals such as softies, zoas or some easy LPS corals just to make sure you're tank can handle them...

I have 14K M.H. lights. I'll be looking for a list of easy corals and be sure to keep a distance. Thanks for the help!

Back