Aquarium safe lotion?

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
I know this is an odd question but Are there any aquarium safe lotions? My hands are cracking and I hate putting lotions or anything on because I don't want it to get into my tank.

Christopher

no such luck. buy full length aquarium gloves and lotion away. that is what i do.

Arm length gloves, don't buy those cheap ones, they leak. I have the orange & blue ones from Dr Foster, I believe they are 16.00 a pr.

i have the dr foster ones, and it is really hard to control fine motor touching, e.g. placing corals, with those one.

I know this is an odd question but Are there any aquarium safe lotions? My hands are cracking and I hate putting lotions or anything on because I don't want it to get into my tank.

Christopher

any lotion at all is perfectly safe, as long as you follow proper husbandry. ;)

before you put your hands in the tank, wash ANY lotion off, rinse very thoroughly, do your tank stuff, wash again, re-apply lotion. :D

i have the dr foster ones, and it is really hard to control fine motor touching, e.g. placing corals, with those one.

+1 on the DFS gloves. Same as the Coralife gloves. Very hard to work with.

before you put your hands in the tank, wash ANY lotion off, rinse very thoroughly, do your tank stuff, wash again, re-apply lotion. :D

Do you use anything to wash your hands before you put them in the tank? As of right now I rinse them well with water then wash with soap after I am done.

try drinking extra water if you hands dry you are most likely dehydrated. then you will need less lotion

I use any unscented lotion in the morning. I just wait awhile before putting my hands in the tank.Lotion in necessary especially in the winter.

^^^ dito
Normal antibacterial soap - Unscented.

I used to use those shoulder length blue and orange gloves. I stopped using them because I kept fragging my corals by accident or could not seam to get them place on the rocks.
I use non -powdered lates gloves now - everytime i work in the tank.
Too many horror stories of people getting weird creeping infections from their tanks.

Yeah i try and use non-powdered vinyl gloves when i have my hands in my tank, but they still fill with water.

^^^ dito
Normal antibacterial soap - Unscented.

I used to use those shoulder length blue and orange gloves. I stopped using them because I kept fragging my corals by accident or could not seam to get them place on the rocks.
I use non -powdered lates gloves now - everytime i work in the tank.
Too many horror stories of people getting weird creeping infections from their tanks.

Back