Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish

panayiote73

Non-member
Anybody have a Dwarf fuzzy Lionfish? I saw one the other day and loved it. I was told it's reef safe but what I'm more worried about is his appetite for other fish and inverts. Ater going through the following list the person at my LFS said, "he'll be fine in your tank". I've heard that before in regards to past purchases that didn't work out, not bashing or anything I understand the many variables, simply looking for a second opinion.
These are his potential tank mates: 3 true percs, yellow tang, mystery wrasse, melanarus wrasse, diamond goby, neon blue goby, red mandarin, scooter blenny, yellow tail blue damsel, cleaner shrimp, coral banded shrimp, 2 pistol's, many many hermits and snails.

Thank you!

He will eat any fish his size or slightly larger so many of those fish are on his menu.... Unless they are all very large mature fish.. it may take him a few weeks but your fish count may drop by a lot with his addition

I used to have one and it was fun to watch. But getting it to eat prepared food is the hard part. It also wiped out all pods, shrimps and anything moving in the tank that fit in its mouth. After a while I gave it away. If you can get a Fumanchu lion fish, I heard they are easier.

Thanks for your input. I'm not going to take the risk. I don't have the right tank for this guy. Hopefully he'll go to a good home.

Back