Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish question

mvallee

Non-member
Considering adding a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish and looking for others experience with them, From Live Aquaria's description
"When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. The Dwarf Lionfish diet consists of meaty foods such as live shrimp (including ornamental shrimp), live fish, and sometimes, crustacean flesh"

How long to ween off feeder shrimp, How many feeder shrimp should I plan on feeding in say a week. When they say ornamental shrimp does that include coral banded shrimp, I have a pretty big pair that have survived with lyretail hawks and a blue throat trigger. and what does crustacean flesh mean?

I really like them but thinking it could be a mistake in my mixed reef, we had puffers originally and loved the personality and the description on liveaquaria and other places sounds like they will be a lot like a puffer "The Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish is a personable fish that quickly recognizes and responds to its owners presence."

Thanks

I guess not too many dwarf lionfish owners out there?
I guess that should tell me something.

I did research on them and a lot of cons on them. They are ment truly for an aggressive only with live feeders. Some people have had luck but not willing to risk my reef.

I had a dwarf lion in my 46 gallon and never had a problem with him eating frozen Mysis shrimp. They usually won't eat right off the bat, but will over a few days of being hungry. As far as adding to a reef if you don't have small fish or shrimp you should be OK.

I had one given to me. I couldn't get him to eat. Tried everything. All he did was blend in with the rock work.

Thanks, decided against it for now, seems to be hit or miss from what I have been reading and I seem to be on the miss side of the equation too often. The feeding part, keeping shrimp to feed while they acclimate to captivity sounds like a huge PITA. too

Back