Help with overflow

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
I bought a eshopps nano overflow a while ago and set up a sump on my nuvo 40. Recently my innovative marine pump started releasing voltage in the tank. I threw the pump out and replaced it with a mj 1200. Now i am having triuble getting the sump and tank to keep a consistant water level. Anyone know of a pump that would be more suited for this overflow. Any other ideas?

I should mention that the level of the baffle inside no longer effects the level with the new pump and the water in the main tank goes to the very top of the glass before overflowing and the sump falls every time. Makes me think the mj1200 is overpowered. This pump runs through my chiller before going to the return.

You can use a ball valve also but you don't get the same control of flow as with the gate. Ball valves are a less $$ way to go IMO

The outlet is too small for the flow rate of the MJ1200.

ModelDimensionsBulkheadsU-TubesRecommended Tank SizeMax Flow Rate
PF-Nano4" x 2.5" x 8"One 3/4"One10-20 Gallons200 GPH

You could valve the return pump as suggested or change the bulkhead to a 1". If you change the bulkhead, make sure your U-tube is 1" also. You'll have to change the overflow line to sump too.

Just wanted to post an update. I ordered a mj600 and mj900 from amazon for $10 each and tried both. Seems like with the mj900 everything is working normally. Thanks for the help.

Just wanted to post an update incase someone else has a similar problem. The 900 ended up being too strong also and now i have dropped to a mj600 which seems to be the perfect amount of flow.

Back