MP40W vs Tunze 6105

Fishcull

Non-member
I am about to setup my 200 DD. Dim 48x36x27. I am considering getting 2 MP40 or 2 Tunze 6105 with 7096 controller.

Plans are to keep mainly softies, LPS, and Nems.

I read through most of the older reviews. Wanted some feedback that are more up to date.

Owners please post your thoughts on either system.

Thank you

I am running 2 MP40s and love them. When I first got them I thought they were a piece of junk, but then realized I had them hooked up wrong. I had the pin spacer set wrong and it caused ALOT of noise, and I went thru a few bearings. After alot of complaining, and realizing my mistake, they run great. They are quiet, powerful, and no more bearing problems. You cannot direct them, but they move alot of water, so I don't think direction is a huge issue. I wouldn't spend the money on the wireless module to control them with an Apex unless you have a big tank. I have a module that I used for awhile and I am going to be selling it.

Good luck

That might be a boat load of flow ??
I have an MP 40 turned down and an old big tunze turned down and it blows the heck out of my sand and LPS if I am not careful....

I run 2 MP40s on my 90 Gal. I love them. I had an issue with a wetside that pretty much melted together but it has been corrected. I run mine about 95% on reef crest. They are quiet, I can only hear a slight hum due to the motor residing out of the tank when they ramp up if nothing else in the room is on and the kids are sleeping.

maybe for an LPS dominated tank

I guess u can turn them down, feel free to come by and check mine out and play with the flow

will u have fine sand?

Back