Neptune Apex Controller Internet Connectivity

Has anyone had success with connectivity to the Apex over the Internet?

I tried, but I can't get it to work. I did manage to get connectivity within my Intranet at home so I can access the APEX via my wireless connection from my laptop, but I can't get access from an outside computer.

I did the port forwarding but I am suspicious of the gateway IP address I used in the Apex setup. I set my Default GW to the external IP address of my router but I think I may need to set it to its internal IP address (like say,168.192.1.1) IP address. Is this correct? Appreciate any help!

yeah chuck, the gateway for the controller needs to be your inside 192.168.x.x address for the controller to know how to get to the internet.

Gw

I think that might be the problem (or at least one of the problems:confused:)! I'll try it tonight. Then I'll try to acces the Apex via my Droid! I love gadgets!:p

yeah chuck, the gateway for the controller needs to be your inside 192.168.x.x address for the controller to know how to get to the internet.

don't forget to make sure you use the correct port on your droid's browser, or do a dyndns name to get the traffic forwarded to your controller.

be aware that Verizon blocks inbound traffic on port 80 (at least on my FIOS circuit)

I've seen Comcast block port 80 and port 8080 which I use on my ACIII. Change the port to something in the high range, use dyndns.org to get a name, and definitely use your internal gateway 192.168.1.1 or whatever.

Chuck if you need help LMK and I could swing by over the weekend and help you get it going.

Still can't get the remote connectivity to work. I did everything suggested here except the dyndns.org name. I try to access the Apex by typing in my ip follwed by a colon and then the port like this:

xxx.xxx.xx.x:4567

where the x's are the ip and the 4567 which is the external port that is mapped to internal port 80 via single port forwarding. My browser just keeps waiting but no connection? Any more ideas?

Last edited:
chuck, if you have an XP box on your home network, LMK, I can remote to it and look at your router and port settings.

FWIW, doing port translation 4567-80 is often less successful than port forwarding. 4567-4567

there's also a possibility that the browser on your droid won't do port translation

you should also go to www.whatismyip.com and make sure you are typing the correct external IP address.

chuck, if you have an XP box on your home network, LMK, I can remote to it and look at your router and port settings.

FWIW, doing port translation 4567-80 is often less successful than port forwarding. 4567-4567

there's also a possibility that the browser on your droid won't do port translation

you should also go to www.whatismyip.com and make sure you are typing the correct external IP address.

tried 4567 - 4567
used cmd shell to run ipconfig /all to get external and internal ip address and verified they are all correct. HEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!:p

Try setting up your Apex at http://www.kenargo.com/tankManager

He created a simple looking website that works well with Blackberries and other phones.

+1 on what Jay said with the 4567-4567 translation. Should work. Definitely try the dyndns.org thing also. That's pretty bulletproof. I've set up a few Apex controllers to the internet recently. I did Aqua Addicts setup about a month ago.

Stupid Linksys Router!

Just in case anyone else does this with a LinkSys router, here was the problem with my router:

Before you can port forward, you have to go into the Basic Setup menu and Manually add a DHCP client and assign the Apex local static IP to the Apex's MAC address (i.e. DHCP reservation). You can get the Apex's MAC address by first accessing it on your local network, which is easy to set up following the directions in the Apex manual. Once you get the MAC address make sure you do the DHCP reservation.

Last edited:
Stupid Linksys Router!

Just in case anyone else does this with a LinkSys router, here was the problem with my router:

Before you can port forward, you have to go into the Basic Setup menu and Manually add a DHCP client and assign the Apex local static IP to the Apex's MAC address (i.e. DHCP reservation). You can get the Apex's MAC address by first accessing it on your local network, which is easy to set up following the directions in the Apex manual. Once you get the MAC address make sure you do the DHCP reservation.

I gave up on the Linksys routers. Total crap. I went with the Apple Airport Extreme and love it.

Stupid Linksys Router!

the reservation works OK, but you could have also just set a static IP on the Apex, and then forward the ports.

Don't blame the router, it's doing what you set it to do.

Ray D I need your help!

I have tried for hours to figure this port forward and internet thing out but I seem to be missing somthing. I was able to forward my port and check it using Pfportchecker not sure what to do with it after that. I signed up for dyndns but got lost from there. Please help...... Thanks Gary:confused:

join www.reeftronics.net for free Russ will e-mail you his phone number when you call him he has you do a couple things on your computer......next thing you know he has controle of your computer (from cali.) he will setup your router and network. its painless and quick. you can also look at other reefers graphs and compare.

Back