Neptune Apex or DA Elite Controller?

Gary_leighton

New reef study!!
Which one would you prefer? I'm looking to buy one very soon and would love any feedback on the controllers. Thanks Gary :confused:

I like digital aquatics, i have the reef keeper lite level three it comes with everythign you need and you can add on anything. Only downfall is you cant log on remotely. The price is what sold me!

I prefer the Neptune Systems controller. The Aquasurf module (which is a part of the Apex now) is very cool and most importantly the customer service from Neptune is out of this world! Curt goes above and beyond normal customer service. He's even answered my emails on a Sunday night!

I have the DA Reefkeeper Lite and may end up looking at something else. There are still bugs in the system and they have been waiting for modules to be released before they put out firmware fixes. The pH probe is off by .3 even after calibration which is a known problem. I have a lighting flash at night with one of metal halides that flashes. I am seriously looking at the GHL systems waiting to see what happens with the Profilix3. If you go the DA route go with the elite, I have already maxed mine out and I don't have automated dosing or a CA reactor which I am looking into right now. Also their documentation is a little on the poor side. Programming is not difficult.

I have the Apex, and am very happy. A bit tricky to figure out, but Curt has been great with customer service. There are a lot of neat programs posted at Reef Central.

I have the Reef Keeper Elite and have not had any problems. They have great support through their site and the number of modules keeps growing. Once they get the network control feature out, that will close the final major functional hole. If you look at some of the modules on the way, it seems very likely they will soon be miles ahead of Neptune in terms of what the system can do. I like the fact that it is a new system just beginning to show it's potential (which yes does mean some bugs can still show up from time to time). I'm sure the Apex is great, but as far as I can tell it's basically just repackaged old technology put in a box that looks like the RKE.

profilux ;)

in all seriousness though if i had to chose between one of those two i'd likely go for the RKE.. their customer support is awesome...

but then again with the Neptune one you can control the tank from your iphone =).

Wow!! Thanks for all the replies. I am leaning toward to RKE now not only because it's $100 bucks cheaper. Thanks again.... Gary

I have the apex and love it. Great interface, flawless control, easy networking, and it handles everything. I know it is a little more $$ though, and I have never used the RKE

Back