Placement Tri-color (bleaching out)

networkfishman

Non-member
Hi all,

I have a tri-color that seems to be bleaching out. All other coral are doing well and growing nicely so I'm not sure if it's in the right place. I have 250w MH, plenty of flow and water parameters are on par. It's growing, just the color has faded. Current placement is not directly under the MH but off to the side and about 16-20in from water surface and light is 8in above water.

Do tri's require a ton of light?

-bri

Hi all,

I have a tri-color that seems to be bleaching out. All other coral are doing well and growing nicely so I'm not sure if it's in the right place. I have 250w MH, plenty of flow and water parameters are on par. It's growing, just the color has faded. Current placement is not directly under the MH but off to the side and about 16-20in from water surface and light is 8in above water.

Do tri's require a ton of light?

-bri

Did you recently aquire the coral? may be still getting use to your lighting.

Nope, got it a few months ago at one of the meeting. Held its color and was growing nicely, now within the last few weeks has started to lose coloration. Polps are still out and looks to be ok. Just kinda bleaching. :-(

-bri

Is this the only sps doing this? Any others fading? Water parameters (nitrates and phospahtes in particular) in order?

If looking for redbugs you will most likely see yellow spots. A magnifying glass helps or a macro lens if you have one.

Back