Preferences? Calcium Reactor, Two-part Dosing or Kalk Reactor.

Cherokee_Dude

Non-member
Can we have a discussion on what your preference is and why?
Looking for the current thinking, benefits, equipment and of course pics of current setups if you've got them :)

I use two-part dosing, a little more practical for me because of my small setup (10g, no sump). When I think of any type of 'reactor' I think tanks larger than 40 gallons.

To break it down a little bit: I use 32oz (946mL) bottles of B-Ionic. I usually dose 5mL every 2 days so theoretically that should last me a little over a yr. (378 days). I think I pay $20 for it? Online it says $9.99 but I swear I paid more then that.

I dose BRS 3 part through a Profilux stand alone doser. I love it and i just need to refill my containers every few months ago. It keeps my tank as stable as can be. I thought about the CA reactor but the thought of having a CO2 tank in my livingroom was a little too scary for me.

I use a reactor. Sometimes a little bit of a pain to get dialed in. once you get it in, you can set it and forget it. I was thinking just recently of switching to twopart, but I decided to stay with the reactor.

I use 3 part myself. I have a doser that I bought through ebay. Works great. It keeps my tank at a constant stable level. Mixing batches is super easy and fast.

Calcium reactor here. I like the set it and forget it approach. Initial investment is expensive, but its cheap after that. I go though 1 container of ARM media with extra magnesium a year and bought a used 3/4 full 20lb co2 tank for $20 which will last 5+ years before I need to fill it.

I tried 2 part and kalk in the past, but nothing beats a properly set up calcium reactor

Back