Tank swap complete one loss...Pics!

Zackb911

Non-member
I got my 2 90's switched finally! It was more of a PIA than I anticipated. The new setup has the matching stand and canopy with retrofitted T5's overdriven by 2 IceCap 660 ballasts. This all originiated from me wanting new t5 bulbs and an icecap ballast for my old setup, then I saw this for sale so I figured why not buy a whole another tank, stand, etc. The only losses I know of was a Turbo snail and my blue Zoa frag. The zoa was really nice and I just got it a couple weeks ago, now my previously sparse tank is a little more sparse...

Before:
6cb3ca3c.jpg

After:
DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Looks good zack, what caused the loss of the zoa frag?

Still trying to figure out how to buy your "old" 90.:)

The zoa frag was glued to a small piece of rock, it broke off somehow and got lost to the sand... I am hoping it will turn up before its too late! The snail crawled up out of the water and onto a top piece of glass where I think the T5's did him in(not move related) As nice as the matching setup is, I think the AGA looked "larger" in the spot and the corner overflow seems to give more room for aquascaping that also adds to the illusion.

Ok the blue zoas turned up they were hiding but wide open:) Here are some updated pics as of today. I put some more rock in the display from my sump. I still need to stock this baby so livestock and frag donations are always welcome!!

Zack
fa864791.jpg

da0cb0c0.jpg

ad0299f4.jpg

Behrmon- I dont know what bubble you are talking about?
Spivak- Its a different tank than when you were over
Mike- Rocks are not reinforced, they are free-standing but I keep moving them till they are solid and all interconnected...

Thanks guys for the comments. I loved my aquascaping before and I was afraid when swapping tanks I would never get it quite right... but I like it even better now!

Zack

Last edited:
The Freebie

Do you mean the other stand and canopy I picked up off Jordan? I wanted to use it but I kept trying to see how I could fit it, I even enlisted the opinion of "shunter" but unfortunatly my oddly shaped living room did not seem to allow for it. So it is temporarily sitting in my garage till I figure something out.

Rock is free standing locked together with magic and love;)

Last edited:
nice looking tank.

I know its a T5 light but what kind of bulbs are they?

well I "think" 3 daylight's, a pure actinic, actinic +, and a 24" actinic. This is me just guessing:)

It has 5 48" and 1 24", long story, but all overdriven by 2 Icecap 660 ballasts with individual Icecap SLR reflectors.

FWIW- Its amazing how well magic and love hold things together:)

How long have you had two firefish? Are they pair or just friends :) Is/was there any aggression between them?

Also did you place rock directly on glass or on sand?

Last edited:
Back