Tunze Wavebox Rules !!!

Fundamental Frequency

Yes, I agree with you that you can not go slower than the fundamental frequency. However the controller let's you go faster than the fundamental and slower than the fundamental, at least for my tank. So it allows you to control the sway frequency and amplitude within special constraints. The amplitude can be controlled by slightly off tuning from the fundamental or 2X the fundamental. When you do this then you are causing some destructive as well as constructive interference between the direct and reflecting wave and thus you get a smaller wave.

~Flighty~ said:
I ment that you can't go slower than the single frequency. If people are complaining that it is too fast, doubling the frequency isn't going to fix that.

Hey Chuck

Thank you for the input, I am still waiting for my tunzy controller (7095 five month waiting :( ) plus I got two 6100 streams too. Therefore, I know it going to do a great job. Mine if ask you what did it cost you? :D

Cost

The Wavebox cost me $466.00 from Champion Lighting and Supply....plus the cost of 2 large magnet holders $90.00.

DLCanuck said:
Hey Chuck

Thank you for the input, I am still waiting for my tunzy controller (7095 five month waiting :( ) plus I got two 6100 streams too. Therefore, I know it going to do a great job. Mine if ask you what did it cost you? :D

Chuck - those waveboxes are really cool. I saw that video a few months ago and was blown away by it. I can't wait to see a video of yours - or maybe I'll stop by the next time I'm up in Boston to check it out.

Video

Hi Daire,

I am really lax with the camera....but I will try to get a video posted. You are welcome to come over any time to see the wavebox in action.

By the way, how is your tank going? I gotta drop by and see it sometime!

starrfish said:
Chuck - those waveboxes are really cool. I saw that video a few months ago and was blown away by it. I can't wait to see a video of yours - or maybe I'll stop by the next time I'm up in Boston to check it out.

So 10 months later, are people still happy with these things? Are they all they're cracked up to be? I'd definitely consider one on a big tank, and I'm wondering if people still love them after having them for a while. Has anyone new bought them since this thread was active?

Nate

Yeah that's what made me think of it, but I'm curious about the others that were commenting on having one, or showing interest in buying one. I'd like to see if there are more opinions now than we had a year ago.

Nate

I said early in this thread that this thing would drive me nuts, wonder why he sold it???

Jim

Chuck and anyone that has used one for awhile, can you give us an update on what you liked and didn't.

They do seem pretty neat...might be a nice addition to my future 180.

Last edited:
I have been running my wavebox since last October. I really love it. It doesn't drive me nuts at all. I have it dialed in so that the wave action "crashes" into the oceans motion action. The SPS corals really love it.

I had assumed that because Chuck has gotten rid of his SPS that he didn't need that kind of wave action anymore. LPS don't care about or care for heavy wave action.

I am very satisfied with the wavebox in my tank. It has been the perfect solution to my "no powerheads in the tank" reef. Well worth the money in my opinion.
:D

And they're not all that expensive when you consider the expense of alternatives (both upfront and recurring) that can produce that kind of flow.

Paula said:
I have been running my wavebox since last October. I really love it. It doesn't drive me nuts at all. I have it dialed in so that the wave action "crashes" into the oceans motion action. The SPS corals really love it.

I had assumed that because Chuck has gotten rid of his SPS that he didn't need that kind of wave action anymore. LPS don't care about or care for heavy wave action.

I am very satisfied with the wavebox in my tank. It has been the perfect solution to my "no powerheads in the tank" reef. Well worth the money in my opinion.
:D

Is Chuck not going to change to lps only??

Back