"Why Won't you Bleach", Experiences with the most hardy Coral

Platehead

Non-member
(No corals were not hurt on purpose, it was all live stock that did it)
When i had first gotten into reef keeping i had picked up an Acan from frank that did very well for awhile. Then i had gotten a pistol shrimp that buried him for 3 weeks. He survived but just barely. Got it back to full health and then he got eaten by a matted filefish. And now hes back again, just barely. And is continuing to grow in my new tank. Does anyone else have a coral that has went through so much but yet is still surviving?

I got some type of coral (SPS?) in the 55G system I was given by Greenie. It was almost dead... only 1 or two little patches left on it. The coral body/skeleton is kinda shaped like a tree. It's been re-growing/encrusting on the tree structure again and even starting new branches. I call it the Comeback Coral.

I have some zoanthids that survived my tank freezing with no power for four days and they are thriving in my new tank. Took them a while to come back, all that was on the frag plug was a small amount of grey flesh but I must have over 20 polyps now

I'll bite :p

This bad boy was under the sand of our personal display tank for maybe 6 months (probably more)? Moved it to our 125 gal and it's growing back beautifully!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379303215491.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379303215491.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 171
Back