Probably the my scariest night in reefing

DylanWong15

Non-member
So I walked upstairs probably about an hour after lights out in my tank and notice something wrong. One of my clowns is nowhere to be found. Usually, my pair stay right together next to the filter intake and sleep but one of them was missing. I looked in the tank, nothing. Around the bureau the tank is on, nothing... At this point, I have no clue what happened. I was sitting in a chair right in front of my tank thinking everything through when in the corner of my eye I see something move on the ground and it was my clown.. It jumped through a 1 by 4 inch hole in my plexi glass cover (which is almost all covered with my filtration tubes) and managed to land about 2 feet away from my tank.. I immediately held him in my hand barely under the water hoping that he would still make it. He managed to get up and swim away but is now swimming with a tilt and isn't very controlled. After about 30 minutes he seems to almost be swimming normally. I'm glad I found him when I did and I really hope he makes it through the night....

It’s funny how resilient these little fish are, my yellow coris wrasse jumped and came back to life. Still kicking around the tank like before but was shooken up for a few days

It’s funny how resilient these little fish are, my yellow coris wrasse jumped and came back to life. Still kicking around the tank like before but was shooken up for a few days
That's how my guy is right now.. Improvement is exponential from last night though.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back