May Meeting, BBQ at CRA!

Hoping to make it, sounds like fun and I haven't been there in a while.
Anybody looking to learn about flatworms, hop in on the tank tour this Sunday, my house is the last stop, and I have learned quite a bit about them this month:(

Dave,
I was talking with Jeremy today about my LED build and we came up with the idea on doing comparisons and such of the setup ~ LED vs MH~ at the meeting. Jeremy will provide the tank for setup and I can bring in my 2 LED setups~ 24 and 48 piece sets. Can also discuss the differences I've seen in the original 24 setup vs the new setup with the new cree Q5s ( no solid data just visual and what I'm seeing as far as coral reaction)

What we need help with is a PAR meter and a WATT meter and someone that can run the 2 of them. We can compare the 2 setups to a 250w MH setup at the shop.

What do you all think and can you help us out with this?

I have a kill-o-watt meter I can bring.

Dave,
I was talking with Jeremy today about my LED build and we came up with the idea on doing comparisons and such of the setup ~ LED vs MH~ at the meeting. Jeremy will provide the tank for setup and I can bring in my 2 LED setups~ 24 and 48 piece sets. Can also discuss the differences I've seen in the original 24 setup vs the new setup with the new cree Q5s ( no solid data just visual and what I'm seeing as far as coral reaction)

What we need help with is a PAR meter and a WATT meter and someone that can run the 2 of them. We can compare the 2 setups to a 250w MH setup at the shop.

What do you all think and can you help us out with this?

This sounds like a great plan.

I have a kill-o-watt meter I can bring.

I have one as well, I'll bring it as well, we can run a side by side comparison.

im not a 'BRS paid member' yet ( i will in about a week or so :) )but i'd like to go to a meeting sometime deffently. wondering if any meetings are ever closer to NH or maybe even in NH?

Meetings are all over the place usually, it seems like they do a few here and there to try to keep everyone happy. Check out the meetings calendar, it usually lists where the ones are being held

I'll be there for sure. Wish I had something to frag out for a trade... -_-

I have some red/green palys I would trade for Zoas if anyone is interested. It's those long long palys. Maybe i'll make a thread...

Im going to be a paid member in a few days waiting on my pay check to go throw but I notice that some sponsers give 10% off as long as I show my card my question is how do I get the card ?? do I get it in the mail and would I have to show it at the meet and greet ???

The card will come in the mail. Sometimes it takes a week or two so be patient.

You don't need to show your card at meetings.

Flatworms seem to be a theme this month. Do you think there could be a little segment on proper treatment/experiences?

I'm trying my hardest to get to this meeting to finally meet people. The location is a big +!

I just got flatworm infested :( depending on if I have to work or not, I'll be there.

Any member can come.Its always a good time.Remember paid members get a 10% discount on livestock at CRA plus you get other perks with paid membership to.

Have yet to go to a meeting...sounds like fun. Need to become a paid member also...lol So is there like a big group of new people that no one talks to or how does one become friendly and popular amoung the group?

Have yet to go to a meeting...sounds like fun. Need to become a paid member also...lol So is there like a big group of new people that no one talks to or how does one become friendly and popular amoung the group?

Being active on the forum is a great way to start friendships. When you go to a meeting just introduce yourself to someone and ask about what size tank they have.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back