Search results

1. J

FHW Oil Heat (no Electric Heater) Save big bucks.

I've been thinking of doing a similar thing from my hot water heater. I already have a circulator loop on it to pull hot water down from the other floors to keep the water in the pipes hot (so you don't have to run the faucets/showers as long to get hot water). Anyway, I was going to add...
  2. J

Kalk Mix

I really think they are all the exact same chemical. You can also go with the Mrs. Wages case of 12 for 3.75 a lb (if you want 12 pounds of the stuff laying around). I wouldn't really worry about whether or not it is made for a reef. I would just go by price (or if you are planning on...
  3. J

Kalk Mix

Considering that Mrs. Wages is only 3.85 a pound, it seems like $2 a pound is significant. I've been using Mrs. Wages for a long time (two cases worth) and it has worked fine. -Jeremy
  4. J

RODI shutoff valve.

I would also check to see that you have a check valve installed on the product water line. This is to stop the product water from migrating back through the resin and out the waste water line which will cause a drop in pressure on the product line and cause the valve to turn back on. It ends...
  5. J

Does muriatic acid and acrylic mix?

What about photographic stop bath? It's acetic acid with an indicator in it. I wonder how bad the indicator is... You might be able to get non indicator stop bath. Anyway, the stuff is pretty strong...
  6. J

need a source for Titanium tubing

I've been thinking about setting up a compressor outside the house for a chiller. I was thinking about this heat exchanger: http://cgi.ebay.com/THC-012-Titanium-Heat-Exchanger_W0QQitemZ7549772404QQcategoryZ109484QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem At that price it seems worth it rather...
  7. J

Plumbing Questions for a series of tanks in basement.

Another possible solution for the drain is a 4" pipe with uniseals. This makes for a pretty flexible system. You can just drill a hole in the pipe where ver you want and add a new drain. I have a friend who did this for a growout setup in his basement. He had two runs of 4" pipe in an L with...
  8. J

My Wet Neck Mod V1.0

I was also wondering if you made any progress with this. I am trying to construct a wet neck setup for my skimmer (an 5 year old ETSS downdraft). I used an acrylic tube with an o-ring seal to the outside of the skimmer neck (in the collection cup) and a roof that has a hole in the inside that...
  9. J

Glasscages?

I have a glasscages 150. I haven't had any trouble with it. It's actually my second tank (we broke the first one trying to get it into the house, a suction cup let loose). They rushed a replacement tank for me which was nice. It is built like a tank but I would like it if it had some fingers...
  10. J

In Basement sump Design

I'm a big fan of the dolphin pumps. I used to use an Iwaki in my old house for circulation (from the Basement). I now have one of the low RPM dolphins (5600). It provides a lot more flow than I need so I bypass some of it to a refugium in the basement. They are extremely quiet and durable...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back