Kalk Mix

jjboods

Non-member
After some searching, it seems that Kent, ESV, and Mrs. Wages are very close in price when considering shipping charges. I plan on dripping, not pumping. Kent is maybe $2 per pound more expensive. Price being almost equal, what would most people recommend?

Considering that Mrs. Wages is only 3.85 a pound, it seems like $2 a pound is significant.
I've been using Mrs. Wages for a long time (two cases worth) and it has worked fine.

-Jeremy

Oops! I misread the site I was on. I thought is was $3.85 for a half pound. Decision made. Thanks.

Okay...new info.
The Mrs. Wages is $24.95 for 4lbs delivered.
I found a 4lb of ESV for $25.03 delivered.

$.02 per pound more expensive for the ESV.

Any opinions based on this new info? I am leaning towards the ESV.

I really think they are all the exact same chemical. You can also go with the Mrs. Wages case of 12 for 3.75 a lb (if you want 12 pounds of the stuff laying around).

I wouldn't really worry about whether or not it is made for a reef. I would just go by price (or if you are planning on ordering other drygoods from the place that has the ESV and you want to save on shipping).

You can often find Mrs Wages in a market where they sell canning supplies (sometimes Walmart, sometimes Star Markets). That'd likely be cheaper.

Haven't been able to find it. I was just reading some articles. If I am dosing a 2 part system, do I even need Kalk? Should I wait until the 2 part runs out and switch to kalk?

Kalk can help elevate pH for you (if you need pH elevation). Drip it at night when the pH normally drops.
Kalkwasser will also help control phosphates.
It's a nice balanced calcium carbonate supplement.
It can be used to compliment your 2-part regimen.

i like to have the 2 part around just in case my levels start to drop off which i find the case with my calcium every 5-6 weeks.

Back