2017 BRS annual auction

cilyjr

Chris
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members-(family friendly environment)
March 25th 2017
Annual BRS Auction
Framingham VFW
12pm-5PM

Hello BRS members, it's that time of year again! That's right, its auction time, and the time of year for us to pester you for donations.
We have sent/will send out some PM's directly to members that use our forum to sell their extra corals and livestock, and also to those members that have been generous enough to donate to the club in past auctions, but we figured we'd put out this general request here as well.

We have many exciting events planned for the club for this year as you can see from the calendar, but as with most things this requires having the funds available to make these activities possible. We are excited to be bringing new speakers in, junkyard wars, cook-outs and of course running the forums. This is where you guys come in, albeit from donations or spending your hard earned cash in a fun bidding war over some fabulous items for your tank!!
SO DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR COOLERS!

Livestock Donations:
It's time to dig deep into your frag collection and find the unusual stuff that will generate a lot of interest at auction. Corals, fish, or invertebrates will all be accepted, but please make sure what you donate is something that there will be a market for. Large and/or non-reef-safe fish and some types of invertebrates might not sell well.

Equipment Donations:
New or used reef equipment will be accepted. We do limit this to hobby related equipment since we are a reef club after all. If possible please try to clean up the equipment to make it presentable, and make sure you supply accurate information about the equipment (ie. needs new pump, runs fine, tank leaks but...).

We have an auction forum set up here that includes photographs and descriptions of each item that will be at auction. Do keep in mind that many donations are also received day of the auction so mark your calendars to be there. Saturday March19th, 2016

Please send your donation info and photos (photos not required but VERY helpful!) to [email protected]

Please include in the email...

Your Full Name
Username
Item donated including the name of the item and how many heads/polyps
Photo of the item (again, not required, but HUGE bonus, you know we all love pictures!!)
Please also indicate if you need your donations picked up.

Please arrive early if you plan on dropping off your donation the day off the auction.

Donations will be accepted day of auction, but please help us by donating before: Thursday March 26thas we would like to have some kind of auction program generated in advance.

Thanks to all in advance! This auction is one of the most important events for the club and is sure to be a great time as always. Also, if you are unable to attend the meeting but would still like to donate we will have some volunteers that will be able to pick up donations as well. If you need your donation picked-up please let us know when submitting your donation.

What are you still doing reading...time to start fragging!!

Last edited:
in the past i have paid with cash and credit most import thing dont forget ur cooler i got the brs one with fish and my name on it

And get those donations in BEFORE march 26th! No one will bid on them the day after! I will take a look at what I have available for equipment. My livestock is pretty thin still.

Good morning folks. I had planned this n heading down today for the meeting/auction but bad news is we had a death in the family about 1130 last night He lost his fight with brain cancer that he put up such a battle with especially for only being diagnosed it with about month month and half ago. Brain tumor took up both sides of hemphispheres .... I do apologize and do hope to meet ypu all in the future

James "DOC" Adamonis

I'm coming up from Weymouth I. My truck so if anyone needs a Gide let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc, sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's about everyone posting pictures of their bid winnings in their new environments.

There were definitely some crazy deals won. Wish I had a tank up and running. I will admit I am VERY JEALOUS of everyone.

Thanks to everyone involved. Everything went pretty smooth this year. I'd post some pics but keep getting called into work :(

Back