20g Macroalgae/Soft Coral Tank

@doobin42 this is gorgeous. I started a softie/macro tank a couple of months ago but its more of a shallow lagoon style. You can see my build thread here. Supplemental light is key for the mangroves and macro algae, I just started getting serious leaves on my mangrove pods so today I'll be adding additional grow lighting to shine during peak light hours on top of my AI lights. Any macro algae that are calciferous will suck up calcium pretty quickly so I suggest dosing, I can make out at least three species that will do this to you. If you have any more questions I'd be more than willing to help out however I can!

-Eddie
I went to that website where you bought your macro algae they were all out I’m gonna check again in a little while

I went to that website where you bought your macro algae they were all out I’m gonna check again in a little while
European in Aquatics had a good selection of different macros when I was there today, both soft and calcareous. I picked up a bunch from him the other day, they also had mangrove pods and a real good sized mangrove with leaves.

@doobin42 this is gorgeous. I started a softie/macro tank a couple of months ago but its more of a shallow lagoon style. You can see my build thread here. Supplemental light is key for the mangroves and macro algae, I just started getting serious leaves on my mangrove pods so today I'll be adding additional grow lighting to shine during peak light hours on top of my AI lights. Any macro algae that are calciferous will suck up calcium pretty quickly so I suggest dosing, I can make out at least three species that will do this to you. If you have any more questions I'd be more than willing to help out however I can!

-Eddie
Thanks Eddie

Just stocked with macroalgae and softies. Anyone who has experience keeping a thriving macroalgae tank I would love some advice! Also, does anyone know where I can get a mangrove that is not a pod?

View attachment 175223
This is an incredible tank! If you happen to frag any of those macro algaes, I’d love to trade for some! It’s going in a nano tank, so a small piece should go a long way

This is an incredible tank! If you happen to frag any of those macro algaes, I’d love to trade for some! It’s going in a nano tank, so a small piece should go a long way
Love the picture of your tank

Back